Sunday, April 06, 2008

This and That Weekend Edition

This weekend has been relatively quiet. I had grand intentions of waking up early on Saturday to run some errands and do some shopping so that I could go on a little hike later in the day. My alarm went off at 8:00, and I turned it off thinking that I would just rest my eyes for another ten or twenty minutes. When I finally opened up my eyes again and looked at the alarm clock it was noon. I guess my body was telling me something...

The week at work was busy again, and I've been putting in more long hours. Unfortunately I have a feeling that things are going to get worse over these next three weeks. Maybe things will calm down in May, but I doubt it will calm down that much. The fact that my body just gave up on Saturday morning was a sign that I needed more rest...or less stress. So rather than go on a hike, I decided to just take it easy on Saturday. My body was too tired and my head was too groggy.

On a bright note, I've been keeping up with my workout routines. I worked out only three days, but I've been trying to pick up the intensity so that I can start working out at least five days a week. My muscles are still sore, but I guess that's a good thing. Now, the only thing I need to do is improve my eating habits. Because things have been so busy at work and because I've been working such late hours, when I get home I'm usually not in the mood to cook. So I've been picking up food on the way home. I try to be healthy when I take food home with me, so I've been getting pasta and salads from Noodles or tacos, beans, and rice from Wahoo's. But I suppose that it would be better (and cheaper) if I cooked my own meals. So I have to either force myself to cook or force myself to leave the office at a reasonable hour! I'm cooking up a nice dinner for myself tonight, so we'll see how long it last this week.

I brought a lot of work home with me this weekend, but so far I haven't touched it. I was also planning on doing my taxes this weekend, but I haven't touched that either. Right now I'm not feeling motivated to do anything that requires work and a lot of thinking...

Current mood: still tired
Current music: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. Raising Sand
Current drink: Barq's root beer

No comments: