Saturday, September 12, 2009

This and That, Weekend Edition

Work: Things at work are the same as to be expected. The end of August was extremely busy, but I had a brief moment of quiet early this month. It was very brief, however. Over the past week I got three new projects and all of them are on short schedules. So, needless to say, I've been busy over the past few days. In other news, our furlough period will be coming to an end. Beginning in October we will return to our normal paychecks. Granted, our pay checks were never huge to begin with, but it will be nice to have more money going into the bank. Hopefully this will improve the morale in the office. But, then again, I'm sure there will be something else for people to get upset over.

Weather: For the past few weeks the weather has been absolutely beautiful. It has been warm and sunny and clear. Temperatures have been in the 80s or upper 70s. A cold front must have blown in. When I woke up this morning it was cloudy and grey outside. Even though it was already 9:30, I also realized that it was really cold—it was only about 55 degrees. It has been raining for most of the morning, but where there was a break in the weather, I made a quick run to the grocery store. By the time I got out of the store there was a lot of wicked lightning and loud crashes of thunder. Standing in an open parking lot while holding onto a metal shopping cart probably wasn't the safest thing to be doing at the time. As I was driving home, I could see how bad the weather was getting. Really dark grey, low-lying clouds had rolled in. You couldn't even see the mountains. These clouds were really scary and ominous looking, and add to that the lightning and thunder and you'd think the world was coming to an end. Right now it is still raining and it is still quite cold. I guess this is a reminder that winter is right around the corner. It won't be long before this rain turns into snow.

Current mood: chilly
Current music: iTunes on shuffle—Sarah McLachlan "I Will Remember You"
Current drink: water for now; wine will come later

No comments: