Saturday, October 23, 2010

Neglect

Well, I suppose that it's been obvious that I've been neglecting the blog for the past month. And, once again, it's sad to say that I've been neglecting it because I've been really busy over the past month. It's really a shame, too, because I've had so many brilliant and profound things to say over the past few weeks. But, alas, I've been leaving my loyal readers hanging.

As I mentioned, I've been busy and work is the primary cause. This happens to be our really busy time of year, as opposed to the regular busy times of year. But this is when we are at our busiest as we try to finish projects before the end of the year. That would be much easier if we didn't have a bunch of new projects coming in at the same time. But I really can't complain—actually I could complain, but I won't because being busy and overworked is much better than being unemployed. In a nutshell, things at work are busy but still good.

In other news, I've had my first "major" car problem this morning. I was planning on going out to do some shopping, but when I turned the ignition all I got was a lot of clicking noises. The dashboard lights and radio turned on, but the engine wouldn't turn over. I suspect the problem might be with the battery or the starter, but I've e-mailed my co-worker's husband, who is a mechanic and owns an auto shop, to see what he might think it is. So I'm not too worried about it yet until I know what's really wrong, but it's just an inconvenience and an unexpected expense that I never like to deal with. Fortunately it happened on a weekend while I was at home and not while I was out and about. And, in other ways, this probably saved me from spending money that I don't need to spend. Maybe the universe is telling me that I don't need to buy a bundt pan or an electric hand mixer, or, as one of my lovely friends said, maybe this is the universe's way of telling me that I should stay home for a week and not go anywhere, including work.

No comments: