Saturday, January 06, 2018

Back from the Dead

Hello long lost friends and strangers,

I don't know what's gotten into me, but I thought I'd try bringing this blog back from the dead. Apparently the last time I wrote here was sometime in 2014. It's now 2018, and I can hardly even believe that much time has passed. My life really hasn't been all that interesting and there really wasn't much to report over those years, but I thought I'd try giving this blogging thing another shot. Admittedly, my life still isn't all that interesting, but this is mostly for me and maybe my very small loyal following of family and close friends. So what will likely follow is my typical inane personal rambling and thoughts.

Weather

You know I love the weather! It has been a beautiful day today. When I went shopping earlier this afternoon it was sunny with blue skies and a few clouds. I think the temperature then was in the high 40s or low 50s, but it was nice enough to drive with the window down. When I got home I opened the windows of the apartment to let in some fresh air. We've had a very mild winter so far with very little measurable snow. It's been nice not driving to work over snow and ice, but the mild winter only makes me more nervous about fire season later this year.

What I've Done Today?

Shopping: I finally had a chance to catch up on some grocery shopping after coming back home from a vacation earlier this week. I spent more money than I expected--I bought a lot of fancy organic stuff--but somehow I still managed to save about $30.00 with store deals and coupons.
Pantry/Fridge Purge: As part of the beginning-of-year cleaning, I cleared out and threw away a lot of old, expired food from my pantry and fridge. It killed me seeing how much food was wasted, but that might be good motivation for a "New Year's Intention" to waste less throughout the year.
Relax: Football wild cards start today, so I've been relaxing and enjoying that. Even though the Broncos sucked this year, I'm still going to try to enjoy the last few weeks of football season.

Plans for the New Week

Workout Routine: The number one plan for the week is to get back into my workout routine. I've taken several weeks off because of an insanely busy schedule at work and several weeks away on vacation. I'm eager to get back into a routine, because it always makes me feel better.
New Year's Intentions: I once heard or read someone use the phrase New Year's Intentions instead of Resolutions. I can't remember the exact difference, but I guess in my mind I assumed there was a little less pressure, guilt, or blame if you don't exactly stick to the plan or intention. Maybe I'll put together a list of things I'd like to do for myself throughout the year.

I think that's about it for now. Stay tuned to see if I can actually keep this up...  

 

No comments: