Saturday, May 27, 2006

Words of the Muse

I've been asked to keep posting more of my poetry, so that is something I will continue to do.

My poetry is something that has always been very private. In the past I have only allowed good friends or lovers to read my poetry. The reason for this is probably the "issue" I have been working on for the past few years--my fear of "letting people in" to my life and my emotions and my fear of letting them see my fragile and sensitive side. I want to share more, because I suppose I want people to understand who I am. I guess I want them to know what I am thinking or what I am feeling. I'm still afraid of communication sometimes, so poetry is safe.

What is the subject of my poetry? Well, it is nothing deep or profound. It certainly isn't the esoteric, thoughtful poetry that will change the world or even anyone's life. It is personal in the sense that it is about my life. When I write my poetry, I usually have something in mind--an event, a person. More often than not, it is about a person in my life. Love and longing, passion and desire, happiness and sadness, these are the general themes.

I hope you'll enjoy what you read. And maybe, just maybe, one of these poems is about you...

1 comment:

Tenth Muse said...

Especially sexy women with big boobs! :)