Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm Back

It has been a long time since I have last written something. Apologies to my faithful readers. I took a little surprise vacation home for Thanksgiving. I had a wonderful time. It is always great to spend time with the family and the puppies. Of course, having such a wonderful time off makes it all the more difficult to wake up for work the next morning. I spent most of the morning in a daze and I was tired after a late flight. If I were smart, I would have taken an extra day off today. But instead of being smart, I decided to be a good employee and come back to work with the rest of the office. I don't feel so bad about being in a daze all day because everyone else in the office was pretty much in the same state of mind. Most people were so tired that they could barely put a sentence together, so I don't feel so bad. Needless to say, I took things easy today and tried to ease back into work. This meant that I spent most of my time answering e-mail, returning calls, and reorganizing my projects. I was glad that an hour of the day was dedicated to an interview. We have an open position in our department, so I helped with the interview. Needless to say, I will be happy when we officially hire him! :)

I suppose that I will have to do "real" work tomorrow. Or maybe I can plan my Christmas vacation. I think I might spend the rest of the evening tidying up my apartment, paying some bills, and drinking a glass of cognac...not necessarily in that order...

No comments: