Saturday, November 17, 2007

This and That

I haven't been posting this week because things have been pretty busy. Because I'll be going home for Thanksgiving next week, I've been busy at work trying to get everything in good order and in a good place before I leave. Fortunately I'm at the point where I can send various things out to freelancers or my authors and have them work on things while I'm away. There is just one critical project that one of my trusty co-workers might have to look after while I'm gone, but hopefully it will not be as bad as I imagine.

I also haven't had much time to write this week, because I've been spending a few nights out on the town. On Thursday we had a department happy hour. We started out with our full department, ten people, but then the night ended with the five fun-loving gals in the department. We went to Connor O'Neils, a cool and cozy little Irish pub here in downtown Boulder. We ate lots of chips (i.e. french fries) and had a few beers. We had a great time, but I think I'm getting too old to be staying out until past midnight. Those young gals wear me out.

Now I must run, because there are a million things I need to do before my trip home.

No comments: