Saturday, December 13, 2008

Absent and Vacations--Quick Update

I realize that it has been quite a while since I've last posted something. After coming back from my Thanksgiving vacation, I've been inundated with work and haven't had much of a break. It's as if going from park to fifth gear in a matter of seconds. Things have been extremely busy, and I've been extremely exhausted. I'll be going home for vacation for the entire week of Christmas, but that means that I have only one week, next week, to get all of my projects in order before I leave. I love publishing, but the difficult thing about working at a job with deadlines is that you constantly have to plan around deadlines and schedules. Next week will be even worse because it will be the week where there are several office holiday parties. Because the economy isn't in the greatest shape, our office will be having a holiday potluck at work instead of a big dinner at a restaurant. Because I'm not going to have much time to cook anything nice for myself let alone an entire office, I've signed up to bring in a few bottles of wine. Next week we also have our department happy hour gift exchange. Things will be busy next week and all of the parties, nice as they might be, will get in the way of getting work done. I have a feeling that I will be getting to work early every day and bringing work home with me every night. Hopefully I'll survive...

No comments: