Monday, December 29, 2008

Back in Boulder

I'm back in Boulder after a vacation home in California. I had a great time at home. All I did was relax, eat, spend time with the family, and play and wrestle with the dogs. It was absolutely wonderful, but that always makes it hard to leave and come back to my adult world where I'm not so spoiled.

The weather in California was strange this Christmas. When I got home, there was quite a bit of snow on the ground. In fact, there seemed to me more snow in California than in Colorado when I left. The snow lasted for a few days until we got some hard rain that washed away/melted all the snow. Some days were cold and windy, but toward the end of the week the weather was beautiful.

It is always tough to come back to work after a vacation. It takes a while to remember what I was doing before I left, and it takes some time to get resettled. But fortunately this will be a short week because of the New Year's holiday.

And when I got back to work, I got some wonderful news that my lovely friend/co-worker just got engaged. So I'm very happy and excited for her, and wish her congratulations!

More (long overdue) updates will come soon...

No comments: