Friday, March 19, 2010

This and That

It has been a long time since I've posted anything here on my blog. I'm sure it is no surprise to hear that things have been busy. Work continues to be busy, which is a good thing, I suppose. And I also took on some small freelance jobs to make a little extra money. This recent job was a small one and ended up being only around $100, but, hey, that's enough to cover my cable and internet bill or groceries for two weeks. Any money is good money.

I'm actually writing from home right now. The weather lately has been typical spring weather for Colorado. It has been warm and sunny for most of the week, and the temperatures even crept up to around 70 degrees. It started snowing late last night and it hasn't stopped since. When I left for work this morning there were about four or five inches of heavy, wet snow on my car. Because of the warm weather, the roads were still warm so they were wet but fortunately not icy. I got to work at 8:00--normal time for me--and the parking lot was empty. For a moment I had a passing thought that maybe it was Saturday, then I wondered if the office had been closed for the day. Although the office was still open, several people decided to stay home and work from home today. Many who actually made it into work left not long after they arrived. No one wanted to deal with the evening commute if the snow continued. And the snow has continued. I stayed at work until about 2:00, then decided that I might as well go home. In the time that I arrived at work and decided to leave, there were another five inches of snow on my car. It's still snowing, and now it's getting windy so the snow is swirling. And, as to be expected in Colorado, I'm sure it will all melt away within a day or two. 

No comments: