Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cat Tales

My cat adventures continue. Joey the Cat continues to stop by my apartment for visits. When this whole little affair started out, he would only come by in the evenings. I usually wouldn't see him until 9:00 or 10:00 at night. Eventually he would start to come by in the mornings when I'm having breakfast and getting ready for work. Now, especially on the weekends, he visits during the day.


Because I'm weak, I let him inside for a little while. He usually comes in and meows loudly and asks for food. He is not a starving cat by any means, but I give him a few treats anyway. Sometimes he is really active and just wants to play. In spite of having an assortment of cat toys for him, he seems to like playing in boxes.

Other times, he just wants to hang out and sleep on the couch while I watch TV. I suppose he really just wants some company and wants some attention. Whenever I put him back outside at night, he meows loudly and sadly and scratched at the sliding screen door. It's agonizing and gut wrenching to listen to it, but unfortunately I can't keep him inside my apartment during the night. After all he does have his own home to go to, but I have a feeling he would rather stay with me.

No comments: