Thursday, June 11, 2009

Birds

Things have been unusually quiet at my home over the past few days. On Tuesday after work, we had a special happy hour for two co-workers who will be leaving the company soon. I got home at about 9:30, did a few things around the house, and then went to bed. I woke up the next morning and it occurred to me that it was much quieter than it had been over the past few weeks. I didn't hear any chirping and I didn't hear any wild rustling in the wall. Then it also occurred to me that I didn't hear any rustling in the wall all night. When I came home from work later in the day, I still didn't hear any rustling or chirping. The birds, obviously, are gone. I'm wondering (and hoping) that the babies are simply big enough to fly and the bird family just flew away. But I also noticed that our gutters were recently cleaned, so it's possible that the maintenance staff saw the gaping hole in the side of the building where the nest was built. The hole, however, isn''t covered up. As much as I've been enjoying the peaceful sleep I've been getting over the past few nights, I'm still hoping that the birds weren't harmed or killed. Hopefully they flew away to another nest.

No comments: