Saturday, June 06, 2009

Weather, Update

We had some interesting and wonderful weather last night. We had a late afternoon thunderstorm, but the lightning and thunder were pretty mild and it rained for only 20 minutes or so. Things then cleared up and calmed down again, but a second storm blew in later in the evening. It was just starting to get dark and I was lying on the couch in my living room reading a book. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of lightning and then heard the thunder. Being one who loves lightning and thunder, I immediately put my book down and went out on the balcony to watch the storm. It turned out to be an incredibly wicked lightning and thunderstorm. The lightning wasn't just flashing behind the clouds, but you could actually see the bolts streaking across the sky. The storm was so powerful that I wasn't the only one outside watching it. I heard several other people on their patios or balconies shouting oos and ahs with each flash of lightning. It was as if we were watching a fireworks show on the Fourth of July. Unfortunately, though, the storm passed quickly. The lightning and thunder subsided and the clouds began to drift away revealing an almost full moon. It was an absolutely amazing and beautiful night.

Current mood: resting and relaxing
Current music: iTunes on shuffle—TATU "All the Things She Said"
Current drink: coffee

No comments: