Sunday, August 30, 2009

This and That, Weekend Edition

I apologize to my loyal readers for the lack of updates over the past week or two. I've been busy, yet at the same time there hasn't been too much to report.

Work: Work has been busy, and that is a good thing I suppose. I managed to send a lot of books to press, and now I'm just waiting for more projects to come in. It will be nice to have a brief rest before things get busy again. Technically our furlough period is supposed to end next week, but we're still not sure what will happen next. I'm not sure if we'll still be on furlough for the rest of the year, or if we'll go back to our original salaries. I'm hoping that we'll go back to "normal," because maybe that will improve the morale of the office. But we'll have to just wait and see what happens. Other than that, there really isn't that much to report.

Weddings: On Friday I had the pleasure to go to an absolutely beautiful wedding. The wedding didn't take place until the evening, but I took the day off of work to rest and relax before the big event. The wedding ceremony was in Denver at the Cheesman Park Pavilion. It was the first time I've been to the park, and when I saw it I wondered why I've never gone there before and wondered why no one told me about it before. The pavilion itself is a small Greek temple, just the kind of thing I love. The weather throughout the week had been hot with severe thunderstorms in the afternoons, but on Friday, the day of the wedding, we were fortunate to have beautiful, dry weather. The ceremony itself was beautiful, and the bride, my co-worker, dear friend, and one of the loves of my life, was absolutely stunning. After the ceremony we drove across town to a small art gallery for the reception. There was good food, good wine and cocktails, beautiful and heartfelt speeches, and lots and lots of dancing. All in all it was an absolutely beautiful evening, and I'm grateful to have been invited.

No comments: