Sunday, November 01, 2009

Grocery Shopping Success

So, feeling bummed out after watching the Broncos lose their first game today, I nonetheless had to make a run to the grocery store to stock up on food for the next few weeks. I was quite organized and prepared this time. Before I left, I looked at the weekly flier, cut out my coupons, and made my list. After checking out, I looked at my receipt and was quite amazed. After combining store specials and coupons, I managed to save $29.66. How cool am I?! My final total was only about $50.00. Sure, it could have been less than that if I didn't grab a few bags of candy corn on impulse. But at least the candy corn was on sale, too. I'm pretty proud of myself.

All in all, I'd call it a successful shopping trip. And now I'm looking forward to making some Turkey Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries for dinner later tonight!

No comments: