Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hot Air Balloons and Heart Attacks

I live in the northeast area of Boulder, and because I'm on the outskirts of the city, I'm surrounded by quite a bit of open space and farms. Because this area is so open, it makes a good launching point for hot air balloons. Often when I'm leaving my apartment and on my way to work early in the morning, I see several hot air balloons filling the sky. When I was walking to my car this morning, I saw a bright yellow balloon floating over my apartment complex. Because I'm easily distracted and even more easily amused by the most mundane things, like balloons or clouds in the sky, I was happily staring at the balloon like a child as I neared my car. Suddenly, a body fell out of the balloon! Arms and legs were flailing wildly. Just when I thought the body would surly go spat on top of a building or parking lot or street, a parachute popped over the falling man. There were several other balloons in the sky and more people with parachutes were jumping from them. Maybe it's a new sport or they are practicing a stunt. I'm happy the man didn't go splat, but I'm not happy about having a near heart attack before work. Work is stressful enough!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's practice for a rescue operation in case of another Balloon Boy.