Friday, February 26, 2010

Blue Screen of Death!

So I've been a little silent lately for a few reasons. One, I just haven't had all that much to say. I'm swamped with work and haven't had much time to think about anything else. Two, my personal home computer has crashed and is more or less dead. I noticed some odd things earlier this week, but on Tuesday night, it froze when I was browsing the web and brought up the dreaded Blue Screen of Death. After some research online (while at work), I discovered that several people were having the same problem and apparently a Microsoft security update was the main cause, or at least they were part of the cause. Microsoft, however, claims that it wasn't their fault per se. They say that their patch update simply unleashed some malware on several computers. I've tried multiple solutions, and so far I've been unsuccessful. I'm pretty savvy as a user, but when it comes to the guts of the computer and the technical code, well, that's just beyond me. So I've been without a home computer for most of the week, and I'm hoping that one of the IT guys in the office can help me fix it. I really only care about somehow saving or recovering my personal things, like files, pictures, and music. We'll see... 

No comments: