Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hiking

A friend and I made plans to do dinner tonight, but we wanted to do something beforehand. Initially we considered seeing a movie, but instead we decided to go for a hike this afternoon. Yes, a hike. I went for a hike for the first time in a long time. I'm usually "too busy" with other things like shopping and running errands, so I hardly ever get out to do something fun. We took her two dogs and did a nice hike along the South Boulder Creek and Big Bluestem trails. It was an easy, four or five-mile hike, nothing too strenuous and no major climbs or changes in elevation. It was nice to start out with a gentle hike considering I'm old and not in the shape I was in about three or four years ago. Then again, when I go out for a hike, I go out to enjoy myself and to enjoy the sights. I'm not out to "conquer a mountain" or anything like that. The trails go through lots of meadows and the base of the Flatirons. It was a gorgeous day--not too hot, not too cold, not windy at all. We saw a lot of deer and even a few cows along the way. It was wonderful. I only wish I brought along my camera to take some pictures. But I plan on going back there for another hike, so I'll take my pictures then. All in all, it was a wonderful day.

No comments: