Wednesday, April 04, 2007

New Job

Well, I'm sure everyone (my four or five loyal readers) have been wondering about my new job. In a word, it is fabulous. But in another word, it is intense! The first day I was slightly overwhelmed with the amount of information that I was taking in. I remember thinking that night, "oh my God, what have I done?!" But, I always feel this way whenever I start something new, so I just had to remember to calm myself down. For the past four days, I've been training all day every day. People have been showing me how to do things, then they watch me do what they just did while they look over my shoulder. Everyone who has been training me has been wonderful. It's always nice to get trained by six people, because then you see each person's individual style and way of doing things. And, naturally, from this I can figure out what works best for me. I currently have only three book projects, but this is a nice, gentle start while I'm still getting my feet wet. It's almost like learning how to ride a bike. You sit on it, you pedal and you pedal while people run along side of you, but you know they are eventually going to let go. That will probably happen next week. But so far so good...

No comments: