Sunday, April 29, 2007

Can't a Girl Have a Quiet Evening?

I've been productive today. I did my shopping, a few loads of laundry, some cleaning, and made myself a nice dinner. Since the evening is so beautiful tonight, I just wanted to settle in and have some peace and quiet. I haven't been that lucky so far. For the past few weeks a neighbor has been having what can only be described as a rough time. She has been having several angry and upset phone calls, but for some odd reason she chooses to have these phone calls outside on her cell phone. It might be scientifically proven yet, but obviously there is some gene programmed in human beings that forces us to have cell phone conversations about a hundred decibels louder than what is probably necessary. So, needless to say, these angry and upset cell phone conversations are also quite loud. To make matters worse, these loud, angry, and upset phone calls are also accompanied by loud crying, sobbing, and weeping. I don't know, maybe I'm different from most people, but if I'm ever having "issues" in my life, I'd rather not share it with the entire city of Boulder, but I digress. Tonight, instead of the usual sobbing conversation, my not-so-quiet neighbor was having an angry conversation of a different sort which ran something like this "that girl is such a bitch, if I didn't know that she was a bitch before, I know that she is a bitch now, because she is, like, really a bitch..." I've edited this conversation significantly, because she also threw in some other choice adjectives that I can't repeat, because, well, my Ma might read this. And to make matters worse, and, yes, it does get worse, this gal tends to wander around when she has these conversations and she'll just sit down wherever she pleases. Tonight she happened to chose a spot outside of my apartment right below one of my windows. My first temptation was to walk outside and hit her over the head with a frying pan, but I just did the dishes and didn't want to dirty another pan. So instead I emphatically and angrily slammed my windows closed, which is a shame because it's a beautiful night outside.

I think I'm going to need a glass of Cognac...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cis! You need lesson in subtlety. You act like you get on your own cell phone and walk outside like she did. No need to call anyone. Then talk about how the neighbor is having a rough day and is talking about some bitch. Of course you do this at several decibels above what you would normally need. She might get a clue then. Then again, is your neighbor cute? Could always play the knight in shining armor and ride in to the rescue.

Tenth Muse said...

I don't think this is the kind of girl I want to rescue... :)