Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Danger of Sidewalks

I've been a bit quiet in the blogging world because I've been busy. Work has started to get busy again, and I've been doing a lot of stuff around my new apartment. So here is the first of several installments on what has been going on in my life...

To speak honestly, I've been hesitant about writing this post, mainly because I come off looking like a total dork. But, whatever, most of the people who read this already know I'm a dork, so what do I have to lose...

Last weekend I was happily going about my day, running errands and shopping for some new little things for my apartment. I was walking toward one store, and I'm not sure if I was distracted or what I was thinking or doing, but before I knew it a little (low) sidewalk jumped out of nowhere and surprised me. It hit me fast and I had no time to react, so down I went. I tripped and fell. I landed straight on my knees and my left hand. I bruised my left knee but apparently did the most damage to my right knee. I tore through my jeans and skinned my knee. ...and blood was pouring out of it like a waterfall... Actually it wasn't that bad, but I might as well make it more dramatic and less embarrassing than it really was. It was bleeding, but I only lost about a silver dollar-sized portion of my skin. I also managed to bruise my hand and wrist. I think that I was more upset about the fact that I ruined my favorite pair of jeans! Fortunately it was a quiet store and no one was around. If I had eaten the pavement in front of the Super Target, that would have been a little more ego bruising.

Apparently I'm becoming more like my mother and falling at random times for random reasons.

My knee still kind of hurts because it is trying to heal, but I'm sure I will be okay. No need for any one to worry, I'm fine... Although I won't turn down any offers to kiss my knee...

Current mood: bruised ego, still, a week later
Current music: Loreena McKennitt
Current drink: Fat Tire

No comments: