Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday!

Work: All I have to say is that I'm really glad it's Friday! This has been an extremely busy and exhausting week. Work has been really busy lately, and to make things more fun and exciting, I've been working on some really messy and complicated projects. Unfortunately that is the one downside of being a team leader--you generally have to take on the tougher projects. Things got really crazy with two books that have to go to press next week, and I've been frantically trying to get them under control. Oh well. I might be tired and stressed out, I might be fighting off headaches and grinding my teeth both at night and during the day, but once these books are finished, the will be great reads. And while I try to wrap up these two projects up, some more complicated projects have just come in. To keep on top of everything, I had to bring some work home with me. We had "summer hours" today, so I've been enjoying my half-day off. But I know I'll have more work to do later this weekend. Sad!

Weather: For the past few weeks it has been really hot. It's not unusual for Colorado to be in the upper 90s or low 100s during the summer, and we've certainly had that kind of weather. But, apparently, a cold front is moving through. It is the middle of August and here I am wearing a sweatshirt. You never know what you're going to get in this state! It's supposed to snow in the high country this weekend!

No comments: