Sunday, July 19, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

I apologize to my loyal readers for going an entire week without an update. I've been busy and haven't had much time to write. The week at work was another busy one, but fortunately it was a very productive one. There was something about our department lunch fiasco and what I, in turn, wrote about it in my last post that recharged me. Writing about it was freeing and it somehow helped me to purge a lot of the toxic emotions. Surprisingly, I was able to come into work on Monday with a new focus and energy, and because of this I felt very driven and was able to get a lot accomplished. It's as if my world got a much-needed shift and turn and now I'm back on the right axis. I'm focusing on the things that matter, the people that matter, and I'm learning to let go of the things that don't matter as much. It is quite liberating!

Things have also been busy because next week, I will be taking a vacation/furlough while my family comes out to Colorado for a visit. So I've been busy getting my place in order before their arrival. In spite of living in my new apartment for about one year, there are still a lot of things I haven't done and things I haven't finished. Now that this place is bigger, I have a lot more walls and bigger walls and some of these walls are still in need of decoration. The bookcases that I've been meaning to buy for months and months still need to be bought. On the other hand, there is something almost charming about having some books just stacked against the wall or piled into a box or crate. But I suppose none of this will matter to my family considering all that we care about is being together. All I need to do is make sure everything is clean, and I'll be happy.

No comments: