Friday, October 30, 2009

Long Weekend

The snow has finally stopped, the sun has come out, and I can see small patches of blue in the sky again. Knowing that our offices would probably be open today, I woke up at my normal time and went through my usual morning routine. It took me about 20 minutes to clean about 20 inches of snow off my car. The roads to work were clear and clean and surprisingly dry. There were a few patches of black ice, but the drive into work wasn't bad at all. But the moment I stepped into the building I noticed that all of the lights were off. Apparently the power went out just as I walked in. There were a few people already in and we waited around to see if the power would come back. After about 45 minutes and after hearing from the power company that it could take four hours to restore the power, we were sent home and our office was closed yet again. So now I'm back at home. I did a few work-related things, and that's about all I can do now. Maybe now that the weather is better I can go out and do something fun. Or I can continue to be lazy...

Current mood: enjoying some unexpected time off
Current music: iTunes on shuffle—Bond "Quixote"
Current drink: coffee

2 comments:

Anna said...

You earned a long weekend after taking work home last weekend!

Tenth Muse said...

Good point! Correct as usual, beautiful!