Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snow Day!

Today is our first snow day of the winter, and everyone rejoices! Yesterday the weather people were already predicting a wallop of a storm, and by the afternoon dark, ominous clouds started to roll over the mountains. It started to snow last night, and when I woke up this morning there was a good amount of snow on the trees and grass outside my apartment. I checked my work e-mail and there was a message saying we were on a delayed start and that we would probably close early. But, about 30 minutes later, a second message went out to let us know that the office was officially closed.

From the height of my apartment, I can't really tell how much snow is on the ground, and I'm not going outside! But there seems to be a good amount of snow on the tree branches. The snow is still falling and the weather people are saying that this is only the beginning. It sounds like the snow might continue throughout the day and it might get even worse tonight. So if we're lucky, we might have another snow day tomorrow!

More updates to follow, if anything exciting happens...

Current mood: happy to have a day off
Current drink: coffee

No comments: