Sunday, May 30, 2010

Long Weekend and Playing Hooky

This Friday was the start of our summer hours at work. That means that we can go home at 1:00 on Fridays. But this week, that wasn't good enough for me. Other than standard holidays, I haven't had a day off since my Christmas vacation. I haven't taken any personal time off and unlike my co-workers I'm never sick. So, I decided it was time for me to be "sick" and to take an extra day off. Everyone plays hooky, and I decided that it was my turn. So I called in sick and went on a hike all morning.

It was my first real hike of the year, and naturally I was a little out of shape for hiking. It doesn't matter how much you walk on flat grounds or how much you lift weights, when you walk uphill at this elevation, you're going to feel it in your lungs. But I had fun and took a lot of pictures and I was able to take my mind off of work for the whole day. Monday is a holiday and we have the day off, so if the weather is nice I'm thinking about heading out on the trails again.

Other than that, this long weekend has been pretty relaxing. I've been lazy and I'm loving it.

Current mood: relaxing
Current music: iTunes on shuffle—Melissa Etheridge "In This Moment"

No comments: