Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

It has once again been a long time since I've written my last post. And, sadly I once again use the excuse that I've been busy at work and therefore tired when I get home. I sense a trend here, and it's a problematic trend and a trend that I want to break. Another reason why I haven't written is because I haven't felt very inspired to write anything. But this weekend, I was suddenly reminded of what usually inspires me the most, wonderful people.

One of my dear friends and her boyfriend invited me over for a barbecue this weekend. The whole week prior, the weather was a mix of rain and occasionally snow. But on the weekend of the barbecue, the skies cleared and the temperature warmed. The weather was perfect. I know my friend from working with her in publishing, but her other life is in the theatre, so many of the other people at the barbecue were her theatre friends and naturally I didn't know them. But it was wonderful just to meet a lot of new people. It struck me after the party how a person can stuck in a rut and a routine. Sometimes you do the same things and deal with the same people day after day, and, let's face it, it can sometimes get boring or tiring or frustrating. Sometimes you need a break from the routine. Sometimes you just need something new, a new or different energy. So meeting a lot of new people from what is a completely different world to me was great. And what was especially nice was that they were all wonderful and outgoing and easy to talk to. They all seemed really happy and seemed to enjoy life. It was nice to spend the day with people who seemed to enjoy what they do and who appreciate what they have.

And needless to say it was wonderful to spend time with my friend. It was nice to be with someone who is calm and sane and level-headed and grounded, someone who is giving and caring, someone who can keep my spirits up, and someone who has a positive influence on my life. And it doesn't hurt that she is absolutely beautiful, too!

Going back to work after such a wonderful day was difficult, but at least the wonderful time has carried me through the week so far and the wonderful day has given me one more thing to appreciate.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Aw, thanks, Cisca. It was so great to see you too! I hope we can get together again soon.

Tenth Muse said...

Ditto, beautiful!