Friday, June 13, 2008

Moving

Since we have Summer Hours today, I have a chance to write a quick post. Actually, I'll probably be writing a lot of little posts over the next few days, because I've been slacking on my blogging this week.

So far the move is going okay. As I mentioned before, I got the keys to my new place last weekend, and I've been moving a little bit each day. For the most part, I'm moving things that I'm not going to be using anytime soon--winter clothes, extra blankets, books. Damn, I have a lot of books. And books are such a pain to move, too. Since they get heavy really quickly, I've been putting them in small boxes so I don't break my back carrying them. They are light enough, but that also means that I have to make more trips up and down the stairs to get them from my car. It definitely gives my legs a workout! And if my legs and butt don't look good when this is all finished, then I'm going to be really angry! Although, considering I have stick legs, I'm probably going to be disappointed anyway...

So, I've made a little dent in the things that I have to move. Moving the books is really going to take the longest time, because I have so many. I've already moved a respectable amount of books from my "library" but I still have about 200 or 300 more to go. Then it also occurred to me a few nights ago that eventually I'll need to move the contents of my liquor cabinet. That alone could take a week or two!

I still have a lot to do and this will probably be a really busy weekend, but all I can do is keep chipping away at this in stages. Eventually it will all get done!

Current mood: busy
Current music: iTunes shuffle - The Killers "Mr. Brightside"
Current drink: Barq's Root Beer

No comments: