Saturday, June 07, 2008

Stray Cow

After signing all of the paperwork on my new apartment, I came back to my current apartment for a quick lunch and the previous, quick blog post. I then went back to my new apartment because I wanted to do some cleaning. Everything in the apartment is fresh and clean, but it's always nice to give an extra scrub to the bathroom and kitchen, because then I know that I'm cleaning it my way. And, naturally, it will be perfect. On my way back from my new place to my current place, I was driving along the "country" road. Really, I'm not living in the middle of nowhere. It's just a road where there is a lot of open space and where people have a lot of land. It was probably old farming land at one point, but some people still have horses and cows and such. Earlier in the afternoon, when I was on my way to the new place, there was a cow standing by the fence near the road. It is pretty much just a wire-type of fence, and the cow was scratching her chin along the wires. A few hours later, when I was leaving and driving back to my current place, the cow was now on the other side of the fence and standing on the shoulder eating the grass along the side of the road. Fortunately the cow wasn't walking in the road, but what in the world are you supposed to do when a cow gets out of her pen??

I wonder how often this happens? I wonder if it will ever happen when I'm trying to commute to work? Yeah, sorry I'm late, boss, but there was a cow in the road and I couldn't get around her...

Current mood: relaxed...and excited
Current music: iTunes on shuffle - Beth Waters "Sweaters"
Current drink: Barq's Root Beer

No comments: