Saturday, June 07, 2008

More on My New Apartment

Today I went to my new apartment complex to sign all of the paperwork and to pick up the keys for my new place. So everything is all settled.

The place looks great. There is brand new carpeting and a fresh coat of paint. It's amazing. Right now I don't quite know what to do with so much more space, and I'm trying to visualize where I'm going to put everything. I'll have a little dining area, which will be nice, because in my current place I don't have any real dining area. I have a "dining" table, but I currently use it as my desk/office space, so now I probably need to buy a real desk (or another table) for my computer and stuff. And since I have more room, I could probably buy another bookcase. I certainly could use one! My balcony is huge and has a nice view. The trees in front are pretty tall and full, so you can't quite see the mountains, but it's still nice. There is plenty of light in the apartment, and it's very bright, and I really like that. I have lots of closet space, and there are lots of cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. And the cabinets in the kitchen are nice because I'll be able to reach the top shelves without standing on a chair or crawling on the counters. (And I don't want to hear any of my friends or family tease me about how short I am!!) The kitchen has a big sink and a dishwasher. The refrigerator/freezer are bigger than what I have right now. And the stove and oven are bigger.

There are only two things that I don't like about the new place. In the bathroom there isn't a shower rod but, instead, there are some strange shower doors. I don't like shower doors as much. Plus, without a shower rod, I won't be able to use my cool Greek-inspired shower curtain, and that makes me sad because that shower curtain is so awesome! It's so me...and, yes, I mean that I'm awesome! I also wish there were some more overhead lights in the place. There are some in the dining room, the kitchen, the bathroom, and my closet area off the bedroom, but there aren't overhead lights in the living room or bedroom. That means that I'll need to buy some lamps. But, other than that, everything else is great.

No comments: