Friday, February 27, 2009

Beautiful Skies

I wish a camera or words could truly capture or describe what I've been seeing in the skies this evening. This has to be the most gorgeous sight I've seen. I went out tonight at about 6:00 to pick up some food for dinner. On my way home I happened to look up and saw the moon and Venus in the sky. The moon was a crescent moon, but it seemed that it was lying on it's back. It was dusk and the skies weren't totally dark and black, so you could still see the terrain, mountains, and craters of the moon. Venus seemed brighter than ever and it was positioned really close to the moon. It was so beautiful and so distracting, I'm surprised I didn't drive off the road. I just now stepped out onto my balcony to look at the sky again, and it still amazes me. Right now I can't see the moon and Venus from my balcony, but the sky still looks amazing. The skies are so clear and there is not a cloud to be seen, and the stars are so incredibly bright. All I can say is that it is absolutely beautiful tonight! And in a few brief moments this evening, I completely forgot all of the stresses that bothered me all week.

No comments: