Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blogs and Greek Letters

οι μοι

As I've been packing, I've also been trying to organize all of my old notebooks and files. One of the notebooks I keep is my little web design book. I found other notes on scraps of paper, so I was just transferring them into my notebook.

I am, by no means, an experienced web designer, but I know how to use some of the most basic codes. I know how to create links and how to add special characters. I looked online for other important codes I might need in the future, and I stumbled across some codes to write Greek letters, which is what, hopefully, you'll see at the top of this post. Granted it would take forever to type up anything lengthy using these codes, but they might come in handy for something short and simple.

By the way, οι μοι is often translated as "alas" or "woe [is me]." You'll often see it in Greek tragedy when people are basically saying, well, "woe is me" because usually something bad has happened or is about to happen.

No comments: