Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cold

Yes, I said cold. It has been a while since I've last written about the weather, and now seems as good a day as any. For most of the week we've had warm weather. It was even downright hot on some days. On Thursday we crept into the upper 80s and low 90s. Well, apparently a cold front has swept in. All day yesterday it was cloudy and overcast. The temperature was in the low 70s, which, in my opinion, is the perfect temperature. But as the afternoon passed, the clouds got darker and more ominous. Eventually it started to rain. And it rained hard. By the late afternoon and early evening, right when I started to eat my dinner, the lightning and thunder started. The rain was falling hard and the thunder was really loud. I was watching the news while eating dinner and I had to turn up the volume because the storm was so loud.

In Colorado the weather passes in bands, so you'll have a storm, a moment of peace, and another storm again. This went on during the night. When I went to bed we had more lightning and more thunder. When I woke up this morning, it was freezing! Right now the temperature is about 50 degrees. It seems kind of pathetic to turn on the heater in the middle of June, so I'm wearing my warmer clothes. Good thing I didn't pack them away!

Current mood: full from a big breakfast—French Toast!
Current drink: coffee

No comments: