Thursday, September 28, 2006

Rewards

I would be lying if I said that things were quiet at work. Things have been busy, very busy. Busy is a good thing, though, because it makes the day pass faster. For the past week I have been writing what we are going to call our Publications Procedures Manual. I've actually been working on it for the past month, but this is the week where we were planning on presenting an almost-final draft to one of the board of directors meetings. Essentially it is an instruction manual on how to publish a book from the initial writing stage to the stage when the book is finally in print. Such a manual has never existed before at this company, and I was "tasked" to create one. Being the control freak that I am, I really enjoyed this because I could then set things up in the ways I think are best. And, let's face it, we all know that my ideas are the best. Makes me think, if I ruled the world... Most of these procedures are already being followed as a matter of course, but it needed to be put down in writing. There is always that thought that if we were all hit by a bus and someone had to pick up the pieces (so to speak) this manual will tell them what they need to do.

So as a reward for all of my hard work, I naturally decided to give myself a little treat. A shopping spree at Victoria's Secret always does the trick. There was a sale, so why not take advantage. Since I shopped online, I'll have to wait for my present to myself, but it will be worth it.

Current mood: full from a yummy dinner, chicken cooked in a Dijon marinade.
Current music: random songs from my iTunes library, currently Loreena McKennitt's "Dante's Prayer"
Current drink:
Catena 2004 Malbec

No comments: