Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Virtues of Circus Peanuts...

When you shop at Target you are bound to go home with some impulse buys. Today my impulse buy happened to be circus peanuts. I normally don't have a sweet tooth. I have more of a salty tooth, if there is such a thing. Maybe I'll call it a salty tongue, that's different enough...But that just sounds strange. In any event, I'm indulging in my circus peanuts. Sure, a circus peanut isn't something that you'll find in nature, and with the first two ingredients being sugar and corn syrup and the last ingredient being "yellow 6," you know it isn't the healthiest and most organic snack around. Let's face it, this is one step away from eating a sugar cube, but sometimes you just want something sweet.

In other news, I finally went to the liquor store to buy some wine. I didn't go crazy, I only bought three bottles. I'm waiting for the circus peanut taste to leave my mouth before I open a bottle. Any connoseur will tell you that merlot and circus peanuts isn't exactly like pairing the merlot with a sharp cheddar, havarti, or gouda.

Current mood: okay
Current music: Loreena McKennitt "Dark Night of the Soul" from The Mask and the Mirror

No comments: