Monday, December 31, 2007

Good-Bye, 2007!

This year started out rough, but fortunately it ended quite nicely. Blizzards in December 2006 left me stranded in Colorado and unable to go home for Christmas and New Years. For the first few months of 2007 the working conditions at my previous workplace were frustrating and less than ideal. But by March two good friends asked me if I was looking for a new job. At the time I was considering it, but I wasn't actively looking for a new job. So we made plans to have lunch one day--coincidentally on March 7th, my birthday--so that they could tell me about a position that was open at the publisher they were working for. I casually submitted my resume and went in for an interview, and before I knew it, I had a new job. And it has turned out to be an awesome job. By some twist of fate, I managed to land a promotion after only five months. And in the time that I've been with the company, I've worked on some great books. Things might be busy, but in general things are wonderful, and I'm loving every minute of it.

I've manged to stay healthy this year. I didn't workout and eat as healthy as I aspired to, but that will, once again, be one of my new year's resolutions for 2008.

This year I managed to reconnect with some old friends. I've met and made many new wonderful friends this year. And I continue to have beautiful relationships with the friends who have been around for a long time and for the past few years. My friends are my life and they mean the world to me. Without them, I would be nothing, and I am fortunate and blessed to have so many beautiful people in my life!

And this year pretty much ended with a wonderful trip home for Christmas to make up for the lost time last year.

All in all, I don't think that I can complain too much.

No comments: