Thursday, December 20, 2007

Overtime

I probably don't need to repeat that this is our busy time of the year. This is crunch time, and, therefore, the hours are long. I was in the office until about 6:30 last night. I also took work home with me and worked on that until about midnight. But the fun doesn't stop there. I woke up early at 5:00 this morning so that I could be in the office around 6:30. Yes, 6:30 in the morning! It was strange and somewhat nice to be in the office that early. The entire office was dark and the only sounds I heard was the building settling. It was also still dark outside, so I was able to watch the sun rise. Since my office has a view of the west, I could see the morning sunlight hitting the mountains. The colors of the sunrise were amazing. It was a nice mix of the white of the snow, the red of the sunlight, and the light blue of the morning sky. It was beautiful. Still it was very early!

I was busy all day and was able to get a lot accomplished. I was able to take a break in the evening to go to dinner at The Med for our editorial department holiday party. I always love eating at a fabulous restaurant, and I love it even more when the company is paying for it. And, no, I didn't get steak, even though I was tempted. I was torn between risotto, chicken parmigiana, and steak. I picked the chicken parmigiana and it was wonderful. I still had a lot of work to do and it was only about 7:30, so I decided to go back to the office to try to get a little more work done. I wasn't alone, though. Another one of my co-workers came back with me. I stayed until 9:00 before I had to call it quits. I'll probably be back in the office early tomorrow, But that's the way things go and that's what I have to do to make sure everything is in good shape before I go home for vacation. It's a small price to pay for a nice reward.

Current mood: tired
Current music: random tunes. Currently Faith Hill "Cry"
Current drink: Remy Martin VSOP Cognac (a reward for a long hard day!)

No comments: