Friday, July 02, 2010

Moving Day - Day 2

Today I continued my move. As I mentioned in my last post, I still have quite a few things in my old apartment, so my move is going to continue over the next few days. Because I was tired from yesterday, I decided to sleep in this morning. Then I spent the rest of the morning relaxing, having breakfast, and watching the World Cup. Hup Holland! After breakfast and the soccer game, I had to go grocery shopping. Because I knew that I was going to move and didn't want to carry all the contents of my refrigerator downstairs, I haven't been grocery shopping in a week or two. That, however, meant that I had nothing in my fridge except for a pitcher of water, an almost empty carton of milk, butter, cheese, and bread. Needless to say, I had a lot of shopping to do. And after all that I bought, I'm grateful that I didn't have to carry it up three flights of stairs!

After my grocery shopping, I started to move more of my stuff. Today I was just trying to clear out the kitchen, bathroom, and closets. I never realized how much clothes and shoes I had until I started to move everything. And, as I mentioned in an earlier post, most of it are things that I almost never wear. I even have a few skirts and dresses that I never wear, but you never know if there is that once in a lifetime moment when I might actually need it. But, other than that, there are a lot of donatable items that I should really get rid of. (I'm not sure if donatable is a real word, but I'm using it anyway.) Unfortunately my closets are are also full of a lot of other junk, so I think it might take another day to clear everything out.

For the most part I'm making good progress of clearing out my old place. My new place, however, is overrun with piles of stuff that needs to be sorted, organized, and put away. Who knows how long that will take, but fortunately there isn't a deadline for that.

P.S. Happy birthday to my lovely friend, Anna!

No comments: