Saturday, July 03, 2010

Moving Day - Day 3

So the moving continues. Today I decided to sleep in a bit, because, well, I thought I deserved it. After walking up and down the stairs so many times and carrying so much stuff, I thought that by now my thighs and back would be sore. But when I first got out of bed, I immediately felt that my calves and shins were tight and sore. I also noticed that my deltoids were sore. Apparently I walk on my toes when I'm going up stairs and I do most of the lifting and carrying with my arms without straining my back. Anyway, after a shower and breakfast, I watched the World Cup while trying to unpack and organize my new apartment. I still have a long way to go. Then, later in the afternoon, I moved more stuff downstairs and I'm still making good progress. There are only a few more boxes left and all of my pictures still hanging on the walls. I think that by tomorrow I should have everything completely cleared out. Hopefully.

Even though all of this sounds like extremely slow going, I think I'm doing pretty well considering I'm moving everything by myself. With the exception of the movers who helped a few days ago, I've been all on my own. Good thing I'm a tough little girl!

No comments: