Sunday, July 25, 2010

This and That - Weekend Edition

Well, as you can see from my lack of posts over the past week, there hasn't been that much to report. But here is a brief rundown.

Friends: On the previous weekend, I spent some time with my wonderful friends. On Friday I met friends for happy hour at Boulder Beer. It was over 90 degrees that day, I think, and on a day like that it's wonderful to have a nice Boulder-brewed beer to cool off. And, of course, the company and conversation was wonderful and a lot of fun. On Sunday, I met other friends at a cool little place in Denver called the Red Trolley. It's a little cafe that sells hot dogs and gelato. I had a bison hot dog and for dessert I had mint chocolate chip gelato. It was so yummy! And again, and of course, the company was lovely and wonderful. That weekend gave me plenty of warm, fuzzy, happy feelings that carried me through this week at work.

Work: Work has been surprisingly slow over this past week. All of my projects are at a stage when they are in someone else's hands. I'm waiting for a lot of work to come back to me or I'm waiting for people to give me important answers or to make important decisions before I can move on with other projects. Until that happens, there isn't much I can do. Although I very much appreciate the calm before the inevitable storm, I have to admit that it is incredibly boring to be at work with absolutely nothing to do. Fortunately over the past few days we've had job interviews and those have taken up enough time in the day to keep me from going crazy.

New Apartment: Things in my new apartment are coming together nicely. Everything is more or less in its place and organized. I still have little piles of papers scattered about, but that's the general status of my apartment. There are always papers or books scattered somewhere on the floor no matter how long I've been living in a place. But, all in all, everything is in order and I am enjoying the new place. The weather has been really hot over the past week—temperatures were in the high 90s and low 100s on some days—but my apartment has stayed cool, as I mentioned in previous posts. The temperature inside didn't go far above 75 degrees. So I'm grateful to not waste energy to run the air conditioner; however, I generally have to turn on a light or two because I don't get much direct sunlight into my new place. The worst part of my new place is living under people and hearing every step they take. And I happen to live under a family with an infant and a toddler, who obviously likes to run, jump, and crash about so much so that my light fixtures and chandeliers often shake and rattle. Apparently these days parents no longer tell their children to not run in the house. Oh well.

Lazy: For the most part, I've been incredibly lazy this weekend. There are several errands I could run or chores I need to do, but I've been feeling just too lazy to do any of them. I'd rather just sit on the couch and read a book or watch a movie. I enjoy being lazy.

No comments: