Friday, December 22, 2006

Digging Out

Well, the Great Blizzard of 2006 has ended, and thus begins the Great Dig Out of 2006. Yesterday, I spent some time cleaning the top of my car. I mostly just wanted to take some of the weight of the snow off the poor little thing. This morning, I decided to clear away some of the snow surrounding my car. At some point during the night or early this morning, a plow must have come through to clear our parking lot. My car had already been buried by the blizzard, but now it was buried even more by a giant snowbank created by the plow. And, to make things more interesting, the plow decided to push all, not some, but all of the snow into an empty parking slot right next to my driver's side door. In spite of the fact that I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, I still wanted to clear away some of the snow, if anything, just to make it melt a little faster. Since I don't own a shovel, I was mostly just breaking up the snow and pushing it away with a broom. Fortunately the snow from this blizzard is pretty light and airy rather than the heavy and wet snow we often get, so the broom works reasonably well. I'm taking a break right now, but will go back to tackling it later. This is just a lesson to me that at some point, I need to invest in a good shovel just in case this ever happens again.


No comments: