Saturday, August 18, 2007

Boulder Falls

Today I was determined to wake up early so that I could hit the road and drive somewhere to take some nice pictures. I planned on leaving home at around 7:00 or 8:00, but last night I had a dream that I was attacked by a bear (again!), so I took that as an omen and decided to sleep in a little longer and leave a little later.

I ended up at Boulder Falls, which is about nine miles outside of Boulder and up in the mountains. It is always a gorgeous place to go to and a great place to take pictures. I'm still shocked, though, that there are idiots who visit there who insist on smoking. Not only do they ruin the wonderful smell of nature, they are also a fire hazard. Whatever. In spite of these idiots, other visitors to the area were wonderful and friendly. I was also able to take some decent pictures. There is some harsh sunlight on some shots, and I'm still learning how to soften things like this. But all in all, I'm happy with what I got.
This is just a black & white shot that I like.

If you want to take a look at more, check out the pictures here. And I want to reassure my family that in spite of all of the danger and warning signs, it was still a very safe place to be!

No comments: