Sunday, August 12, 2007

Relaxing and Cooling Off

I've either been working too hard these days or not sleeping well enough. Whatever is going on, I've been able to get a lot of sleep this weekend. I went to bed early on Friday night, and woke up late in the morning on Saturday, giving myself about twelve hours of sleep. I went to bed at about 11:00 on Saturday night, and I had grand plans of waking up at 7:00 a.m. to run some errands and do some shopping. I sort of woke up at 7:00 but rolled over and fell asleep again. I finally rolled out of bed around 10:30. I guess if you add it all up, I got about 24 hours of sleep this weekend. I guess my body needed it. But, as much as I love sleeping in, I always hate the fact that I essentially have only half the day to get anything accomplished. Oh well.

It's been warm all week, and this weekend has been really hot. But just an hour ago or so, we had a nice shower of rain. It was brief but it was enough to cool things off a bit. We had lots of thunder, too. And, in typical Colorado fashion, it rained while there were still several patches of blue sky and while the sun was still shining. I can never figure out how that happens. But I don't question it, I just enjoy it.

I don't have anything profound to offer right now, but maybe there will be more to come later...

No comments: