Sunday, August 19, 2007

Healthy

So, once again, for the millionth time, I'm on another health kick. I think I'm on this latest kick because many of the books I've been editing at work have to do with health and fitness--Ten Years Thinner, The Gluten-Free Vegan, and 50 Secrets of the Longest Living People with Diabetes. Working on books like these give you a little kick in the pants to be healthy. I'm not a gluten-free vegan, I'm not diabetic, and I don't need to be any thinner, but each book has some very useful information. So as part of this new health kick, I was inspired to eat a huge salad for dinner tonight.
This is my happy salad. And, yes, those are tomatoes, and, yes, I actually ate them. I have a mild acceptance of tomatoes. Usually I only like them if they are part of sauces or salsas, but I tend not to like them if they are in their whole or chunky form. But I topped my salad with grape tomatoes because they are sweeter. Normally salads are something I eat before I sink my teeth into the flesh of a juicy, tender steak--I'm a gluttonous carnivore--but tonight I had a salad as an actual meal. This, of course, is my salad right before I topped it with blue cheese dressing... baby steps, okay...

With apologies to my beautiful and wonderful vegetarian friends...


1 comment:

Knitasaurus said...

Ah, Cisca and the Steak. A love story that will go on forever.

Good job on eating the salad, though. They are good for you. I'm no longer veggie, so I enjoy a nice hunk of meat now and then, too. Especially living in the Pacific Northwest, in salmon country...