Friday, August 17, 2007

Storms

The second storm we had this evening was a nasty one. It was much worse than the one we had earlier in the afternoon. The lightning and thunder were really bad. At one point lightning struck something near my apartment. You could actually smell the charge in the air. Hence the reason why I shut down most of my electronics because the last thing I need is a surge through my apartment. The thunder was incredibly loud, too. This was the kind of thunder that cracked and shattered through the air, if that description makes any sense. It shook my apartment and set off car alarms everywhere. And, yes, like an idiot, I was standing outside my apartment watching and listening to the whole thing with a glass of wine in my hand. It was absolutely wonderful.

No comments: