Saturday, August 11, 2007

Relaxation and Hobbies

This has been a busy week, and I've been tired. Last night I went out for dinner and dessert with a friend. We decided to try a new Mexican restaurant, and since it was a nice day, we decided to sit out on the patio. It was nice and the food was okay, but we were attacked by flies and bees the entire time. I think the bees were attracted to the planter and flowers we were sitting beside and the fruity margarita my friend was drinking. It was sort of a problem because my friend is really allergic to bee stings. We asked to be moved to a different table, but the hostess and wait staff said no and wouldn't let us. They got a tip that night, but not the best tip! Oh well. After dinner my friend and I walked around and found a nice coffee shop that had gelato. The gelato was wonderful! I got home a little after 9:00, and even though it was early on a Friday night, I just went to bed around 9:30 because I was so tired. I must have been really tired, because I slept in until about 10:30 this morning.

After I had my breakfast, I grabbed my camera and decided to wander around Pearl Street. There is always something going on, so I figured I would get some good pictures. You can always find some kind of entertainment on Pearl. You can see everything from a cello player to a violinist to a juggler to drummers and dancers. Today the hot spot was around a group called Kissidugu which is a troupe of drummers and dancers who perform African music. The music was great and the dancers were full of energy. I kept walking down Pearl and came across the typical sights--hippies, interesting art, and interesting architecture. I only took a few pictures today, and I'll take more on another day. But if you want to check them out, you can see them here.

No comments: