Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Review

I finally had my annual review at work today. In a nutshell, it was a good one. Apparently I've accomplished a lot more this year that I thought I had. When I was trying to write my self-evaluation, I honestly had a difficult time trying to think of what I did all year. When I read my review that was written by my boss with comments from my co-workers, I though, Oh yeah! In addition to the quantity of things I've done--carrying a full load of projects, serving as team leader, serving on editorial committees, working with other departments and freelancers, etc.--apparently the quality was pretty good, too. And apparently I'm also doing well on a personal level. It was said that I'm diplomatic and strategic. And it was also said that I approach things in a calm, thoughtful, and rational manner. Apparently no one knows that I appear calm and rational at work, but when I go home I drink a bottle of whiskey! Anyway, it was also said that I have a good sense of humor and, in general, I'm pretty easy to work with. So, I'm happy. And I'm flattered. I'm happy to get a good review, and even happier to know that a good review means that they are less likely to get rid of me!

1 comment:

Foy said...

Way to go, sis!