Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Annoying Neighbor, Part III

Well, I had a few days of peace and quiet around my apartment. I suppose my annoying neighbor was away on vacation. No loud talking. No cigarette smell. It is the day after a holiday, so what do you think is happening right now? Cigarettes and loud talking. I walked by her apartment this weekend when I was taking my clothes to the laundry room. I glanced at a coffee can full of cigarette butts and an empty cigarette box. It was one of those new Camel cigarette boxes. It is a "cute," shiny black box with a "pretty" hot pink camel on it. They say they market it toward young, impressionable women. My neighbor seems like the perfect candidate. I guess these cigarettes are called Camel No. 9, as if it is some kind of fancy perfume. I personally don't know why a woman would want to smell like a camel or a pack of cigarettes, but whatever. Oh well, it's her lungs. But even more annoying than the cigarette smell (if you can believe that) is her squeaky voice... Oh my god, he is, like, you know, like the biggest jerk I ever met, who would, like, ever do anything like that, you know, can you, like, believe that.... I really want to buy a dictionary and thesaurus and leave them on her welcome mat. Maybe she can find an alternative to the word "like."

No comments: