Friday, May 25, 2007

Summer Hours

Today was the first official day of our Summer Hours at work. What this basically means is that every Friday from now until Labor Day we will be allowed to leave the office at 1:00. From what I've heard, most of the editors still tend to stay at work long after 1:00. We tend to have heavy workloads and short schedules, so we often have to take advantage of every moment of every day. But it is nice to have the option to leave the office early. It gives you the chance to spend the rest of the day taking care of your personal life. You can do your shopping, go to the doctor, get your hair done, get your oil changed, or whatever without worrying about making up the lost time at work. I think it's a great idea. Since most of my projects are with freelancers or at a good stopping point, I left a little after 1:00. I was able to do some grocery shopping, and then I've been spending the rest of the afternoon relaxing, enjoying the weather, and drinking a good beer.

Current mood: relaxed
Current music: Tori Amos. American Doll Posse
Current weather: sunny and beautiful
Current drink: New Belgium's 1554 Black Ale - I prefer darker beers that you can barely see through

No comments: