Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Little More of This, A Little More of That

This is one of those random posts about nothing much at all...

So far I've been enjoying the long weekend. Even though I just started my new job and even though I'm still green and happy, it is always nice to have a long weekend. I didn't have any grand, exciting plans for this weekend other than sleeping in, relaxing, reading, and writing. I achieved my sleeping-in mission to perfection this past evening. I eventually woke up at around 11:00 this morning, which was nice, but I must have slept in an awkwardly contorted position (like on top of my head) because I woke up with quite a crick in my neck. I tend to be a tense sleeper, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

After taking a hot shower to relieve the crick in my neck, I started making my breakfast when I heard the music of the ice cream man driving down the street. Even though I was just having breakfast, I suppose for normal people who keep normal hours it would have been the perfect time for ice cream. I may have said this before, but the ice cream men sure seem to be driving faster these days. Maybe I'm just getting older. Maybe they're all California drivers. Who knows?

Speaking of driving. Why do drivers in Colorado insist on merging onto the freeway at 14 mph? You would think that it is generally wiser to enter the freeway at a faster speed, closer to the speed of the freeway traffic, so that someone doesn't end up in your backseat...or mine if I'm behind you. Then again, maybe I'm just the aggressive California driver. I've been living in Colorado for about five years, and I've learned to slow down and calm down a little bit, but stupid drivers still annoy me.

You can tell that summer is just around the corner because we are starting to get the usual afternoon thunderstorms. I absolutely love these afternoon thunderstorms because they put so much energy into the air. I enjoy the thunderstorms even more when they are on the loud and violent side. Maybe I'm strange, but I think there is something romantic and sexy about these kinds of thunderstorms. Plus, in Colorado, you can have a violent thunderstorm one hour, then the next hour the sun is out and everything looks beautiful and smells wonderful. It's great.

Current mood: relaxed
Current music: The Megan Slankard Band. Freaky Little Story
Current drink: New Belgium's 1554 Black Ale

No comments: